If you have been dancing for any length of time then you would know that pole dancing can be taxing to your joints and muscles which can lead to temporary injury or permanent injury down the line if you are not using proper preventative solutions.
Even though pole dancing is one of these amazing sports/fitness/dances that gives you the freedom to express yourself, It’s paramount that look after our body when doing it because there are many kinds of injuries associated with it.
One of those main injuries is knee injuries which can put your pole dance career and trainings to a complete stop and I think there doesn’t need an explanation behind this reason.
Most knee injuries are 1 of 3 things
- Genetics – You can genetically have bad knees which will probably require surgery if you are not doing knee intensive exercises or taking the right measures to avoid your knees from further degradation from doing sports.
- Injury – You are an active person who has gone through a knee injury of some sort, stretched or torn ligaments are the most common.
- Stress – The feeling of sore knees due to constant stress in that area.
If you are suffering or not suffering from any of kind of knee injury, you probably feel that your knees are really sore and tender after your training which is normal depending on your personal conditions and the elements you are doing that day.
In pole dancing, there is a lot of ‘floor work’ elements that require you to have your knees on the floor which can put a great strain in that area and can lead to your knees feeling sore for the next day.
If you are suffering from this pain then there is one preventative solution to help you get through this.
If you want to prevent this pain then I would recommend in buying a pair of soft knee pads for dance, there are many different brands on the market for pole dancing, street dancing and more.
It’s important that you get the right ones because there are many low-quality products out there that pretend to address the problem.
You want to get pole dancing knee pad that will protect your patella and the ligaments around it for the best results.
This requires that the knee pads themselves to have a good amount of cushioning.
Best pole dancing kneepads Recommendations
ASIC’s Low Profile Knee Pads
Perfect for a good looking discreet knee pad which covers the optimal pads of the knee where most of the stress will occur.
- Dual Density Padding
- Low profile
- Sold in pairs
- Colors: Black and White
- Size: 6″ Sleeve
- Anti Odor design
- Materials: 43% Cotton /33% Rubber/ 24% Nylon
- Dual density padding
iMucci Professional dance and Sports Kneepads
(Featured in the image above) iMucci gives you all the protection you need with their advanced padding design to protect your knees the smart way. The fabric is breathable and helps stops the pads from smelling after a session.
- 1:MATERIAL: 57% polyester,...
- 2:PACKAGE: sold in pairs Unisex...
- 3:FEATURE1: Made of high-density...
- 4:FEATURE2: Minimalist and...
- 5:FEATURE3: Quick and easy wear,...
- Colors: Black
- Size: 8.7’’ Sleeve
- Materials: 57% polyester, 27%polyamide, 16% synthetic fibers
- Prevents odor
- Think Sponge for optimal padding
ASICS Unisex Slider V Kneepad
Offers a much wider protective area of the patella and the rest of the knee witch the right amount of cushion and protection which is optimal for all kinds of intensive floor work.
These pads a much more bigger and less desirable with the typical pole dancer, however they offer one of he best solutions for knee protection.
- Wide coverage and low profile PU...
- 9 1/2" sleeve length. Latex free
- One size fits most adults (measure...
- Sold in pairs. Easy to wash
- Colors: Black and White
- Size: 9 1/2″ sleeve
- One size fits all
- Thick padding for all kinds of sports